Follow RSS Follow @Lis_Ann Follow Google+ Follow on Pinterest

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Rustic Decor

Figuring out a motif for our apartment, namely our bedroom and bathroom, has been quite the challenge. We started with a light colored bedding, but it ended up being way too light and difficult to keep clean. So like I mentioned in my Color Wheel post, I took a picture given to us at our Wedding Shower and based everything off of that. This is the picture:



And came up with this sequence:





Would you believe we found that bedding at Walmart? It's a 20 piece set - love it! The placemats are only $1.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond. A special thanks to the in-laws for the BB&B gift card for our anniversary! I had been eyeing that bathroom set for months, but just couldn't justify it. Those 20% off coupons don't seem enough of a savings to me...give me 40-50% off and then I'll actually consider purchasing something. :)

And for those of you who like a good deal, I use Retailmenot.com and Beatmyprice.com to find out current promotions and coupons for my favorite stores!

Yesterday we had a nice cookout with the family at the beach, once I get the pictures round up I'll post about it!

2 comments:

  1. I love retailmenot! I always check there for any discounts before placing any order online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too! That one and Beatmyprice.com , both really great sites to save!

      Delete