Follow RSS Follow @Lis_Ann Follow Google+ Follow on Pinterest

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Celebrating a True Hero Part 2

KY3 has posted a video on David's first memorial service at school. I cannot express how much it breaks my heart to see my friends and professors mourning the loss of our friend...I only wish I were there to mourn and remember with them.

Yesterday I was coming out of Sam's Club and there was a table set up taking donations for our troops. I stopped for a moment and donated...and I couldn't hold back the tears, thinking of my brave friend. Now I've been given a flag that I'm flying in honor of David, and all the other service men and woman past, present, and future. 

I'm so proud of the people that sacrifice themselves for our freedom. Our freedom that we take for granted so often. I'm proud of the families and friends who show continuing support, as well. It makes me think of the time I visited Arlington Cemetery. If you've never been there, you must make a trip. It will change your perspective on many things.

The following are videos of Evangel's memorial service and a Wreath laying service in David's hometown. It is incredible how many lives this one person impacted. Like I stated before, he didn't just fight for his country, but he fought for his God. He was one of the most friendly people I knew, and he lived every moment of his life to the fullest.

Evangel University 1st Memorial Service

Mayville Wreath-laying Ceremony:

No comments:

Post a Comment