Follow RSS Follow @Lis_Ann Follow Google+ Follow on Pinterest

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Relax


I found this picture I took and edited from my church's women's conference a few years ago (before my camera was stolen :( ). You can check out their site HERE. If you ever get the chance to go to one of these, you should. It's an incredible experience every year with amazing people and amazing love.

One year I volunteered in the "spa" where I gave hand and shoulder massages. Even God cares about rest and relaxation for our bodies, that's why he gave us Sunday, the Sabbath:

Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”
Exodus 33:14
“My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
Psalm 62:1-2
“My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.”
Psalm 127: 1-2
“Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord guards the city, the guard keeps watch in vain. It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives sleep to his beloved.”

Take some time out for yourself and God today. If your hearts, minds, and bodies feel weary, be sure to spend some time in peace and prayer. Read a book. Watch a movie with a loved one. Enjoy the outdoors (even if you have snow..watching the snowfall from the toasty indoors can be really relaxing, too!). Sing a song. Dance a dance. Play your favorite instrument. Create something new.

Just relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment