Follow RSS Follow @Lis_Ann Follow Google+ Follow on Pinterest

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Who's Doing The Judging Here?


I've seen this video floating around Facebook for a few days with people flaring up in anger claiming that Rick Perry is a homophobe.

However...I don't necessarily see where he was speaking AGAINST homosexuality. I think the point is that we're expected to support an openly homosexual lifestyle, but the Christian lifestyle is being criticized and expected to be kept low-key. People posting this video and bashing him for supporting an open Christian faith and saying he's speaking against homosexuality (which really he wasn't) is just proving his point further. 

I just say this because every day I see Christians are constantly being judged and ridiculed by people claiming that the opposite is happening. In my business I'm surrounded by people who live a homosexual lifestyle and I nor anyone else looks down on them or judges them. Some of these people are my favorite to be around. But word gets out that I'm a Christian and people don't even try to be subtle in their judgement (I'm not referring to everyone, a lot of people have been accepting). There are and have been Christians out there that have given us a bad name, but there are also wicked people who do bad things in general, but does that mean I need to judge the entire human race? Every day it gets easier for people to be homosexual, and harder for people to be Christian. I believe this is the point he was attempting to make.

Just look at Tim Tebow. I don't care what you say, he's pretty darn good at what he does. But just because he's open about his faith, people have ridiculed him publicly over and over again. Yet, look at all the famous people "coming out of the closet" and people are cheering them on. Who's doing the judging here?

We are all human and we all deserve to be loved and respected. Whether we agree with each other's personal choices or not, this is one thing I think we can all agree on. Stop judging each other. Whether I believe that man and woman were specifically designed for each other doesn't mean that the person who chooses otherwise deserves to be tormented. But it would be nice if we as Christians could receive the same courtesy in return. Because whether you realize it or not, the tables have turned significantly in the last few years, and Christians are no longer doing the majority of the judging. Not at all. And I say this even from personal experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment