Follow RSS Follow @Lis_Ann Follow Google+ Follow on Pinterest

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

God's strength is tailor-made for weakness...

...We are never stronger than when we admit we are weak.

Sown in dishonor,
raised in glory;
sown in weakness,
raised in power.
1 Corinthians 15:43

I woke up this morning to the sunlight spilling through the window...
I forgot who I was for a little while. I'm not sure how or when it happened.
But God rescued me from darkness. He gave me intuition when I was being naive...
there were so many things I didn't see, but I'm glad I see them now rather than later.
I can handle emotional harm.

I think the sunlight was a promise.
It's still there even when it's cloudy and the rain is falling for weeks on end.
It shines just as radiant as always, even behind the clouds.

Love still exists no matter how much it's misused.
No matter how much it hides from me.

God's still there working out the details.
No matter how deafening His silence may be.
No matter how little of His work I see now.

And I can be as cautious as I'm humanly capable of being,
but I'm entering a season of re-discovering myself;
re-discovering God,
and who I am in Him alone.

I'm re-entering a season of freedom.


"When I feel afraid,
And think I've lost my way,
Still, you're there right beside me.
Nothing will I fear
As long as you are near;
Please be near me to the end..."

No comments:

Post a Comment