Follow RSS Follow @Lis_Ann Follow Google+ Follow on Pinterest

Saturday, October 11, 2008

There Is A Sun-Star Rising Outside Form

Yesterday as I was driving to work there was a rainbow in the East. It hadn't even rained! But to the right of the sun, there it was, hanging gloriously in the morning sky, welcoming the day.

Then my morning got even better. Gas was only $2.66!! I filled up on $30! It was decided, it was definitely going to be a lucky day.

And work wasn't too terrible. Of course we had the normal crabby customers who think bringing their bad moods into our store is going to force us to comply to their every...want. But if the worst thing that happens to them that day is that we can't honor their non-existent coupon or use it on a book, I'm grateful I don't have to witness them handle a real problem. But amidst them, I had a customer, who I guess I've checked out times before, who told me that I was always so pleasant when she came into the store. :) It was very thoughtful of her to say so. And words of affirmation always lift my spirits.

Nothing of real significance happened yesterday. But I've been seeing more "doubles" lately. Hmm..what's the next one? 10/10. 11/11. 21/21.

.....22?!

I feel like I just solved a piece to a puzzle!! Haahaha!!

Anyway...still haven't figured out what on earth "Martin's Troops" refers to. I've discovered a dude named Martin who led the 17th North Carolina Infantry in the mid to late 1800s. It's still the most random thing I've ever come up with.

Today I met a lady who is moving to Europe because she's a writer and can go anywhere she wants to. How exciting that sounds! I wish I was bold enough to be a writer. But I can only imagine the inspiration that must flow from such surroundings that dwell in Europe. But I suppose you could find beauty just about anywhere if you allowed yourself to. It must be a real-life adventure, living the life of a writer. Well...I suppose it would also be not-so-real-life cause...they're a writer...

A Necessary Autumn Inside Each

You and I have spoken all these words, but as for the way
we have to go, words

are no preparation. There is no getting ready, other than
grace. My faults

have stayed hidden. One might call that a preparation!
I have one small drop

of knowing in my soul. Let it dissolve in your ocean.
There are so many threats to it.

Inside each of us, there's continual autumn. Our leaves
fall and are blown out

over the water. A crow sits in the blackened limbs and talks
about what's gone. Then

your generosity returns: spring, moisture, intelligence, the
scent of hyacinth and rose

and cypress. Joseph is back! And if you don't feel in
yourself the freshness of

Joseph, be Jacob! Weep and then smile. Don't pretend to know
something you haven't experienced.

There's a necessary dying, and then Jesus is breathing again.
Very little grows on jagged

rock. Be ground. Be crumbled, so wildflowers will come up
where you are. You've been

stony for too many years. Try something different. Surrender.

-Rumi

1 comment:

  1. Glad to here you had a good day, too bad gas is like $3.50 here...

    ReplyDelete