Follow RSS Follow @Lis_Ann Follow Google+ Follow on Pinterest

Friday, August 17, 2012

Greater Things Are Yet To Come

There are some big things happening for us in the next few weeks! 

On this Sunday especially, my husband, who has been a believer for years, has decided to be baptized. This is a significant act in our walk with Christ, as it is an outward expression of the inward change we make when we choose a new life in Christ (Romans 6:3-4). I will also be re-baptized with him for support and a reinstatement of my dedication. :) It will be a really special time for both of us, especially since we're doing it together.

Next set of business is the Cherish Kids 5K/10K!
Cherish Kids is an organization started by our church to help the children of Missouri who are orphaned and in foster care find solid, loving families. Every year they raise money by doing a 5K/10K run. Another cool thing they've been doing at the registration table is handing out hearts with kids names that are in the system and allowing people to take them and pray for them. We have been praying for a child named August for a couple months now. It's an incredible ministry. It is amazing seeing the work God is doing in people's lives. There have actually been a few adoptions this year since they've been advertising the 5K/10K this summer!

Derrick and I will be taking a trip up to Michigan for a weekend the beginning of September. We weren't planning on taking this trip, but my sister sent us the most adorable invitation of all time to my nephew's 1st birthday party and I melted! We are really excited to get a mini-break. Next stop will be a visit in Florida! It's rather awesome having family all around the country!

So we've officially ordered my new computer and it should be on its way any day now. When I receive it, I've been thinking of starting a blog where I post book reviews. I already have about a million book reviews on Amazon, and I just think it would be fun to make a hobby out of it, since I'm so avid at reading books already. When I have my computer I'll be able to update a lot more than I've been able to the last few months!

In the meantime, I'm trying to decide what I should name this new blog. Any ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment